Friday, September 5, 2014

I'm OK

One of the things I struggle with is body image.  I have this personal theory that everyone within their lifetime (and the earlier the better) needs to define for themselves "what is enough"? I've done a good job with this in everything except for things related to my body.  Now understand that I'm not knocking my head against any walls because I think I'm lacking, but I'm not very accepting of myself either.  All I see are the problems.  I fail to love and appreciate the things that are "enough".  As I get older, it has become more and more glaring that there are certain things I am going to have to accept.

Something that happened was a bit of an eye opener for me.  I started watching "Dr. 90210" on Netflix.  When I started out, my opinion was that I would never have plastic surgery.  The risks are too great.  After a few shows, I decided that maybe if money wasn't an issue, I'd consider taking care of the saggy skin under my chin. Soon a brow lift seemed reasonable.  About a week later I realized that I was in desperate need of a boob lift.  And what good is that without a tummy tuck?  I always wished I didn't have a flat butt and now they were fixing that too.  My list of things that needed fixed went from a blank page to a huge list.  And the only thing that happened was I watched this show that kept telling me I was defective.

No, I'm not defective.  I'm OK . . . and you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave without sharing your thoughts. Seriously, I REALLY want to hear what you're thinking!