Friday, September 19, 2014

Success

What defines success?  Is it all the number on the scale?  I know in my mind that there are many "non scale successes".  But really, they just don't carry the same weight (pun intended) as a smaller number on the scale.

Technically, I suppose I am having quite a few successes.  I'm still eating at times when I'm not hungry but it is a huge improvement over my "norm".  My body feels less stuffed even though I am only down a bit over a pound.

The other thing that is on the horizon is that I am really getting tired of eating meat.  This has been simmering for decades but I feel like I am coming up to a tipping point.  I can't say it is an ethical issue or anything so grand as that.  It's just that the mere idea of eating meat is grossing me out.  I stopped eating beef quite a few years ago so primarily have been eating chicken and pork.  I've always loved pork.  But the smell and taste of it is getting to me these days.  We'll see where this goes since hubby does not want to stop eating meat.  In the meantime, just keeping on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave without sharing your thoughts. Seriously, I REALLY want to hear what you're thinking!