Sunday, September 7, 2014

Look Hard & Find Success

Weekends are always hard on weight loss.  Yesterday we went to an event and I knew I would have some challenges.  I packed a lunch.  I knew after a 2 hour drive that we would arrive at lunchtime.  I didn't want to be tempted to eat any of the high calorie foods that were available.  I got really hungry by late afternoon when we were headed home but held off with a granola bar.  Then we were almost home when we decided to stop and get something for supper.

The place we stopped at didn't have the best menu and I was totally wiped out from being in the warm sun all day.  I didn't have the best choice (halibut sandwich and fries) but I would normally have had the large shake and this time I got the small one.  I actually considered this a success.  It was proof that I modified something even if it was really small.  Anyway, I'm gonna register that as a success and move on.  I didn't have anything else for the rest of the day.  Focusing on the good thing I did, albeit very small, helped me avoid the "throw in the towel" syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave without sharing your thoughts. Seriously, I REALLY want to hear what you're thinking!